Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 5, 2008

Words Of Reality Words Of Truth

Walking
Waiting
Lost
Promises
Vows
Cost
Fate
Destiny
Dreams
Reality
Pain
Reams
Hurts
endure
beyond
wants
Love
Passion
Joy
Hate
Despair
Toy
Resolute
Acceptance
Truth
Belief
Faith
Proof
Desire
deny
truth's
can'ts
Duty
Fault
Blame
Control
Force
Claim
Family
Friends
King
Heart
Breaks
Sings
Love
may
lose
fights
Words
Actions
Feelings
Forget
Ache
Cling
Commitment
Planning
Defile
Promises
Failing
Revile
But
continues
through
dark
nights
Apathy
Remorse
Share
Hurt
Abandon
Care
Regret
Sacrifice
Broken
Thought
Written
Spoken
Cares
not
others
views
Forget
Priorities
Needs
Joint
Apart
Deeds
Swallow
Touch
Drink
Talk
Isolate
Think
Trusts
only
truths
it
blooms
Quit
Try
Start
Mind
Soul
Heart
Enduring
through
deepening
blight
Win
Lose
Do
Desire
Old
New
Angel
Devil
Home
Nothing
Resentment
Poem
In hope
to again
find
that oft
dreamed
sight.

No comments: