Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 8, 2008

A Quota To Fill

A quota to fill
The only reason to be
Otherwise the light of day
He would never see




Why could the other not live
And spared all the pain
The one that was wanted
Default in as next in the chain

When a child is born
Outside of plan or thought
How are they to blame
What makes it their fault

How can one so young
With obviously no say
Somehow be placed at fault
Assigned the price to play

No comments: