Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 7, 2008

Different


DIFFERENT

We are all so different
We are all so much the same
We each are individual
With the same monster to tame

The world says we are outcasts
Labels us somehow to blame
Because we are different
Because they think it a game

Then we find we are not alone
Find others willing to proclaim
And share with others their story
Of who a life we can reclaim

While those that are call normal
Try to make us feel some shame
Point fingers in accusation
That we caused what we became

We are not just some disease
There is no reason for shame
We did not ask for illness
Don’t say it like it's our name

But there are people who feel it
The same stuff and overcame
We really are not alone
We are not outcasts they claim

We are all are different
The world is want to exclaim
Here though others understand
Different each, but still the same

No comments: