Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 14, 2008

An Instant

An instant in time
It seems to stretch
Reality becomes no more than a blur
As the single beat of the heart
Echoes like a peal of thunder

Air is simply in the way
An inconvenience
Breathing is an option
That need not be observed
No sense of such need

An age passes without a throb
A pause
Without care or pain
Contemplation of life is only a trifle
Just a soul at peace
Without the bounds of justification

An instant
When all seems as it should
Focus is granted to all the truths of right
Overwhelming the senses with a feeling of purpose
All knowledge is found

Life has purpose
Good is rewarded
The spirit stretches its arm towards the heavens
Fate reaches into the mind
And the mind looks for the hand of God

Reality is in that eye
As it penetrates the bleak of night
The suffering has foundation
The purpose is clear
Right will prevail

And the universe blinks once more
The heart beats again
The instant is gone
Existence is restored
The reality of Hell and ones damnation returns.




[i][size="1"]G - August 2008[/size][/i]

No comments: