Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 28, 2008

Friends

A friend is one that shares their joy
Friends are something so rare in life
One who takes from another their pain
Is there for their part to help in all strife

Always available to exchange a joke
Provide understanding with a hug
Listen when the other needs to say
Brush off harsh words with just a shrug

A friend is one who understands distress
Who deals with their friend with only trust
Keeps all trusts without compromise
Sacrifices for the other when they must

Who can often know what is unsaid
Knows the truth of another’s heart
Does not judge, gives only advice
Stays in touch when far apart

Friends are those destined to meet
Share love unconditional for their core
They are not perfect, but try their best
When one needs help they try to give more

When friends can be lovers as well
Exchanging passion and still be friends
Raising the blessing to an even higher level
This is a gift only destiny can send

This is a truth of life that is good
This holds meaning beyond mere words
A purpose that drives ones very being
This makes life seem as it should

G- December 2008

2 comments:

susan said...

Hello.

We answered the same thread on MG and I liked what you had to say.

I do like the way you write and will be back to read more of you.
Take care.

Shenli said...

" Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment in my blog some time ago and adding me on your list = )

Anyway, I really really really liked this poem . Very meaningful and true words . Keep up the awesome poems !

I added you on my list too ..