Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 4, 2008

I Need

I want,
I need,
I cry,
I bleed.
Hope spent,
Goes nowhere.
No one,
Even cares.
Can’t change,
These thoughts,
Of hope,
Is naught.
My destiny,
My fate,
My only,
Soul mate.
A wail,
Of pain,
This drives,
Me insane.
Met hope,
That gaze,
I found
My place
Why must,
Others be,
Always ahead,
Of me?
I love,
I hate,
I curse,
My fate.
Why must,
I lose?
Why can’t,
I choose?
No hope,
Worthless,
All life,
I curse
Insane would,
Be better,
Then it,
Wouldn’t matter.
I know,
My desire.
Won’t let,
It expire.
Isolation,
Alone,
My will,
Is gone.
Your love,
I miss,
I want,
Your kiss.
None care,
If I,
Even live,
Or die.
My very,
Hopes must,
Not turn,
To dust.
I have,
No will,
This love,
To kill.
At night,
I dream,
Your eyes,
Their gleam.
But others,
Intervene,
Nothing is,
As seemed.
My dreams,
My desire,
Barren dessert,
Muddy mire.
The will,
Is weak.
For strength,
I seek.
My angel,
From Above,
I crave,
Your love.
My wants,
My needs,
These things,
No one heeds.
I am,
So tired,
My direction,
Cross wired.
If I,
Can’t win,
I can’t,
Start again,
I have,
No hope.
How do,
I cope?
A hug,
Embrace,
With me,
To grace.
I left,
My life,
My things,
My wife.
Often wish,
To die,
Too tired,
To cry.
Not the,
Path chose.
The outcome,
Who knows?
I have,
My needs,
Which life,
Never feeds.
I want,
I need,
I cry,
I plead.



It's Just,
My Wants,
My needs,
They don't count,
They are just weeds.

No comments: