Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 6, 2008

Obsession

Obsession consumes
Time and thought
She comes not
My soul she bought

My mind will not
Close off the fears
That never will end
My endless tears

Obsession consumes
Think only of that goal
Willing that once more
My life will be whole

Wanting to be
That which was lost
Torn to the core
No matter the cost

Obsessions consumes
Future for sale
Dreams evaporate
All promises fail

No comments: