Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 4, 2008

When Faith Fails

If all of life has been based on the faith
That one is living by rules that in the end will win
And after years of sacrifice and pain
That chance comes by, one that will never occur again
And you take the chance to seek your fate
Cast aside all your future and past
To pursue that coarse, to follow your heart
In faith that the path is true and the love will last

For you know the truth and the lies
You know because you saw it in her eyes
But now truth seems weak and faith dies
The eyes are only for endless cries
The tears flow constant and cloud the skies
And all loses out to the strength of the lies
And the last of hope and faith fails and dies.

Others insist it was never true
Just fantasy something to do
They don't know have no clue of it
Or maybe they do they just won't admit
But I know truth in the deep of my heart
A bond of your love that nothing should tear apart.


But what happens when faith fails
Fills the mind with pain and doubt
The heart is pierced with cruel nails
The voice goes dumb from cries and doubts
The mind numb as in anguish it wails
As all the world the lies win out
And the last light of all hope pales.

What will exist after the final loss of faith
The hollow heart void of faith
But still continues to beat
It will not stop.

What can help to carry on when the last of hope dies
No strength that truth will defeat the lies
There are so many
They are so strong.

When life crushes the last of one's hope
Left only in the dark to grope
With out faith for that which is out of reach
The touch of love, true, complete.

When truth bites worse because it is beaten by lies
The very soul only cries
For the lost love I let go
In faith that it would return,
Would win out.

What do I do when faith wanes and fails
When hope is gone and the mind bails
When all others say your truths are but tales
And my heart cries
My hope all dies
I cannot even voice my whys
Not even allowed to share good byes
And all my faith fails, it dies
And truth
And destiny
Reduce to lies
Because only the winners write history
Other truths and thoughts remain a mystery
As final hopes and faiths fail.

No comments: