Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 28, 2008

Eyes

The eye, a person’s inner window
To the depths of the soul
A portal to one’s heart
The essence that makes one whole

Eyes that relay more with one glance
Than volumes of words can ever say
Words can be shaped to tailor a story
Bur from truth the eyes can never sway



There are those without souls
These can even deceive with their eyes
Without conscious to even force truth
These can hide, can cover their lies

Bur for those which have any humanity
The eyes are mirrors of the mind
They convey pain and sorrow, show compassion,
Expose the heart of the kind

Depth of love beyond written word
Sound of voice cannot profess
The truth held in a love ones eyes
That can hold a heart and a mind posses

The eyes of one that you love
The sparkle of passion in that sight
Meaning carried in that look
That can carry a mate through the night

A look a thing of beauty so good
Truth of the soul is held in the eyes
Pass to the mind, a gift of love
When life seems as it should.

G- December 2008

No comments: