Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 8, 2008

Why

Why is being such a game
Why must there always be
Winners and losers in life
Why must the loser be me

When it is all over here
When the finale bell rings
Will things finally even out
When the last trumpet sings

How is reality so cruel
How can we lose the young and fair
There seems no rhyme or reason
How can the fates nor even care

Who makes these unbalanced rules
Who picked the force of fate
The way things will all happen
Who sets the time and the date

Where can se file a complaint
Where does one protest
Can we ask for a refund
Where do we go if we pass this test

What is really the point
What does this all prove
Are we just here for someone’s amusement
What is supports to be or next move

Why must it always be so
Why do we not get a turn
To win, to love, to share
Whey do we never seem to learn

No comments: