Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 26, 2008

*My Angel

From Annie Lennox



Underneath this canopy turning to snow
Where forty-nine winters take a heavy toll
But where did you go? Where did you go?
I have not been held by you since so long ago.

And I believe in you, I believe in you
Like babies in a mothers gentle arms
I have never given up like you asked me
Where did you go that you are not in my arms?

Well she's gone from where she said she wanted to be.
Back to where she came from, taking my soul
When she came asked me to take her heart and soul
Leaving no chance for me to ever be whole.

Angel, My Angel, Fly over me, Angel
Those haunting eyes robbed me of my very will
The words of love melted my past vows of past
Angel, My Angel, I wait for you still

She took my life within her own two hands
She took my future, within her loving heart
And no-one can tell me, what I can do now
I promised to never give up even apart

And I believed in you, I believed in you
Each time you told me you would never depart
Even when you let me down, I still believe
Where did you go, taking with you my heart?

Well she gone to be with her her maker
Then very one she asked be to save her from.
Angel, my Angel, please fly back home to be
I wait even as just a shell I become

I promised I would never give up on you
So in this hollow world I stand and await
Angel, my Angel, I am easy to find
Just waiting here to be rescued from hell's gate.

Angel, my Angel, Fly back over me
Angel, my Angel, Where can she be?

No comments: