Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 14, 2008

Destroys All

Silence grips the soul
Clutch of the raptors
Talons ripping apart
Isolated hearts lost

Inconsequence of existence
Discarded as carrion
Nameless victims
Of forgotten battle

Left by the shore
As eternity rolls by
Leaving none untouched
From eroding time

Breath rasps
Fighting the draw
Nourishment denied
Body and soul

Demon force
Expose bare thought
To merciless decay
Rotting waste

Worms feed
On raw forms
Voided beliefs
The fallacy of truth

The strength of faith
Cut by wounds
Inflicted by self
That stab the core

Lances pierce
Bringing only death
Bones picked bare
Flesh stripped off

Cutting wind
Eroding cares
Love destroys all
Leaves behind pain

Wounds that kills
The mightiest will
Thorn in the side
Infests all life

Tiniest enemy unseen
Brings down all
Mighty armies fail
None are left whole

Destroyed
By the very thing
That makes life
Most worth being

No comments: