Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 6, 2008

Melting

Sweat beads on my brow
The lust of passion shared
Surging through body and mind
Emotion of souls fully shared

Melding of thoughts
Enveloping of universes
A union complete
Innermost being it nurses

Hearts beating as one
Synchronization even in breath
Bodies intertwined and joined
Filling the soul in full breadth

Gentle touches shared to entice
Raising senses touching fire
Closed eyes block outside thoughts
Priming release of primal desire

Controlled emotions unshackled
Animal want takes over mind
Restraint relieved like raised veil
All their spirit allowed to unbind

Spent beings in a deathlike embrace
They melt into each others eyes
Seeing, knowing, to the very soul
Experiencing a world without lies

Love extreme separate from lust
Lust so powerful without guilt or care
Fulfilled fantasy and carnal needs
Openly and honestly to share

No comments: