Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 4, 2008

Night




The breeze stirs in the silence
A whisper of a voice in quite song
A vocalization only for a loved ones ears
Music for which is so desired

The subtle fragrance of flowers drifts
Bringing the aura of the known sweet scent
Taste of flesh, of lips, of love
Invading the senses with an essence absent

Dream takes the conscious to another time and place
A reality that brings together not just in thought
A touch in the night, adoring in sleep
Sharing heart beats and feeling so sought

Through the distance of separation without justice
A sharing of minds still bonds without contact
A joining that cannot be denied in spite of others
A loving, a knowing, though denied of full desire

No comments: