Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 4, 2008

My Place

I want to taste your tears.
I wish I could vanquish all fears.
Erase all pain from your eyes,
They should never have unhappy cries.

I wish I could hold you in my arms
Hide you from all of life’s harms.
Always share with you our bed
Give you a shoulder to rest you head.

I long for your every touch
Each stroke conveys so much.
Each glance more than any words speak
Of the love for which any would seek.

You make me want to be
You opened my eyes, let me see
You make be feel worth,
You fill my mind with mirth.

I hate the feelings of pain
At times, it drives me insane.
But for the joy we share
I accept the price I must bear.

I was asked long ago if I would fight
I said for your happiness, with all my might.
The person that asked that did not know
That this means I will never let you go.

I may not be able to tell you what is right
But your eyes openly reveal that sight.
It is not your words that are proof
It is your eyes that show the truth.

And for that fact, I will fight
With all my strength, all my might.
I will use all my strength
And wait through the length.

I know my place
The challenge I face
It is my call
And I will answer or fall

No comments: