Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 5, 2008

Dance

Wine went to my head
It had me feeling quite fine
The music moved spirit
I felt moved to amuse the Lady mine

Dance stole my walking will
The tunes taking control of my feet
I spun and feigned, side stepped and slid
My movements flowed with throbbing beat

Glint of eye showed her bemusement
As was the intent of the jests
Then reaching out a hand in love
I plucked her up and drawn to my chest

We slid our feet about together in lock step
Music melting through our being
And two hearts in unison beating
Making music themselves for only private seeing.

The music eased to a softer tune
But not the pounding of our thoughts
The passion was bursting forth in full measure
Welling up to consume our minds in wants

Together we glided into our nest
To join in union of body and heart
A fusion as soul as few have known
Moving to the core as should never part

Hunger was filled, nourishment of mind
We drew energy one from each
Reaching into each other’s deeps
Learning all that the other could teach

Any parting from this union would be waste
A joining long written in eternal stone
Fate wrote this page, that it should be
Our destiny together a light of love to be shone

No comments: