Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 4, 2008

I Said

Said I would never
But I did
Said I couldn’t ever
But I did
I fell, and I fell hard
Met a fate I never expected
Just once let down my guard
And fate my mind infected.

Said it could never occur
But it did
Give my whole heart to her
But I did
All so wrong and against our will
All so against our beliefs
And every choice is what I would do still
Even though if makes me feel a thief.

Said I could never be so in love
But I am
Said it could never be so real
But it is
Never believed in fate
Destiny just is not real
So why was this such a one-way gate
How did I end up in such a deal

Said I could move on
But I can’t
Said I could just meet a new dawn
But I won’t
They say it’s not real
Just a fantasy, a dream
But I know the deal
And I see those eyes gleam

I love her so much
I know she loves me
I don’t know how we will survive
But I know it must be
And I will not fight it
I will not desert my fate
I’ve found my fit
I know my soul-mate

Said I will stay
And I will
I will wait for that day
I will wait still

No comments: