Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 8, 2008

Hitch in the Plan

Unwanted
Unplanned
Unwelcome
No one seemed to care
Never even meant to exist
Strapped with a life unfair

A life without choice
Put into such a place
A path with no chance
To ever win the race.



Unfit
Unworthy
Unloved
Blamed for all life’s ills
How is the child at fault
To the point of crushed wills

Brought in for a purpose
To fill a specified need
A trophy for the show
And carry their precious seed

Ungrateful
Uncaring
Spiteful
For choosing not to follow the plan
For taking a route against the appointed
Deciding not to propagate the clan

It is the duty, the job
To provide more of the same
Not make a path of their own
To not play that game

Demanded to answer the question
Had their life really been so bad
That they would choose not to replicated it
Yes, it was really that bad
Yes, the reality was really that sad.

No comments: