Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 5, 2008

Life Seems Cruel

Life seems so cruel
And so unfair
I wish it was all
Without brutal care

Hold you in arms
Make the pain go away
In each others charms
Keep all the world at bay

It will all work out
Sometimes are hollow words
Makes me want to scream
Loud, but without a sound

Love is not always enough
To quickly lift all the pain
But it does help through it
And sometimes help keep me sane

My feelings can be confused
We can’t always do instantly as we please
When decisions have consequences
Choices are not always made with ease

I know what is right
And for that I think I can wait
Because I know what life has
For my destiny, my fate

I believe that I deserve
All that we can be together
And I will try to make that true
Through pain, joy, and whatever

I know how life can be
Something that is hard in my mind
To trust in myself
But we were meant each other to find

I wish I could magically convince
The world those things I know
But just because it is my reality
Does not for others make is so

But one thing I know absolutely
Words I say are always true
And all my love and heart and soul
I have given solely to you

The fact that it is not accepted
Though it was asked for
And promised, vowed and given
Is a cruel and painful door.

No comments: