Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 6, 2008

A Voice Calls

A voice calls to me from outside
Whispers my name as I grope in despair
A pinpoint of light and hope
Which penetrates through the fear

I hear the words of hope
Thoughts I find so have to believe
A love and understanding unexpected
Attempting my pain to relieve

A connection through fate and chance
Something to which we were led
Though to find it Hell had to be crossed
To arrive there our beings have bled

And still my essence is tortured
I know they too are in pain
But no longer do I face it alone
Through them I can share hope again

Thank you my wonderful friends
And that title is the highest honor to give
You give me more than you understand
You help me with the will to live

I hope I return in small measure
What I can in support in kind
And further along the forest of life
The hidden path we together can find.

G- February 2009

No comments: