Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 9, 2008

Ever Falls The Rain

Ever falls the rain
Biting wind and pain
Bleak swallowing hope
With the ever falling rain




Torrent pushing back gain
With the rising flood
Drowning feeble hope
With the ever falling rain

Wind singing bitter refrain
Of life always rejected
Cast to the side once more
With the ever falling rain

Ripped by briar's cane
Torn flesh left to bleed
Rent of what was whole
With the ever falling rain

No plans still remain
All cast into the void
Meaning again nothings
With the ever falling rain.

No comments: