Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 6, 2008

Time Ticking

Time keeps ticking, ticking, ticking away
Things stay persistent and nothings seems to change
Eternal isolation, constant mental torture
Different day, just another feeling of the deranged

Yearning to return to that time I did not feel
Period of untainted numbness that kept away anguish
Before emotions awoke to awareness of what others experience
Things inconceivable until known, now just lead to languish

Unending sorrow for that momentarily occurrence
The accidental glitch in reality’s veiled fabric
Feelings that were not supposed to be mine to feel
Taken back away, concealed by barriers as if brick

Cruel is the night which tortures mind and soul
Thoughts of that instant in time that was an unexpected taste
Of the paradise, living fantasy that never could be
Turning all hopes and dreams into a land of barren waste

Days waiting for a future with no chance to ever be
Destiny stolen from the chances of life’s paths pursued
Leaving only blank nothingness for possibilities
In a mind so cruelly awakened to feelings denuded

No comments: