Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 3, 2008

Clear And Loud Through The Noise

When you fight for what is right
But what is right still continues to fail
And the image of what is good begins to fade
The voice won't answer when you call
She just won't hear you when you call.

Send out your prayer clear and loud.

And in this place, can you reassure me
With a word, with a touch
And stop the noise
As the world slips from my clutch
Stop the noise, it is too much.

I'm begging you, I cry out clear and loud.

I'm losing all sight and sound
I know I'm right, with all my heart
But my message is not heard through the noise
I beg that our love will not be ripped apart
Two hearts as one should not part.

Block out the noise, I'll call it out loud.

Mist clouds all my sight
The beauty of our shared love fades from bright
The fog of tears that cloud the sky
Don't let this be the last of our love any can write.

Through the noise, my heart cries to you clear and loud.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was awesome, i really liked that. I've been searching for awhile to find some interesting blogs and you are one of em.

:]

Gooseman said...

Thanks. Just getting started on putting them in. I have roughly 100-125 written to get in so for. Almost all of the rest will be completely original stuff. Once I get the rest in, I tend to write 3-5 a week. Some aren't too good, a lot dark. Class would be confessional. Most are actually written in 5-10 minutes, no revising.