An image
Dreamed
Imagination
A picture of a wish
Life as one would want it
What is reality
That which others know
Facts as others accept them
Or things that one lives for themselves
An image
I saw it
It was to be
All in my mind
Creation of my imagination
Merely a fantasy
Never to be
I wished it
I dreamed it
I saw the picture
At night in the dark
Always to vanish
Just when I would reach
Try to become part
I wanted it
Wanted it to be
An image
One that could never be
I could never be a part of it
Imagination
Unworthy
Unfit
Quote of the moment
When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment