Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Sep 3, 2009

This Time

This time, I know
I bear not wrong
But still from me
Is ripped life’s song

Truth of destiny
Crushed without belief
Never is found
The sought relief

Fractured and lost
In a world without fair
It was not part of the plan
To have nothing to share

Even sanity
Now ripped away
Once more no chance
To have any say

Friendship was sought
More was found
This time he would not
Let more steal the sound

But still things were done
Experience said don’t do
But friends in his mind
Must try to come through

This time he did again
What he knew to be right
For always his care
Demanded help for the fight

All he could, he did
Always will for more
But still in the end
Ended with slammed door

Usefulness used in the end
Without warning or clash
Discarded as refuse
Thrown out with the trash

Noble intent to his mind
Seems it has not place
Only accepted for a time
Then thrown back in his face

Truth seems something
World does not regard
Or maybe truth is not
Understood by this bard.


G - Sept 2009

No comments: