Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Sep 3, 2009

End Of Times

Much as the soul
Plans of what seem long ago
Ripped from the heart
Left noting to show

No dreams were remains
Left only is reality
Destined it seemed
No longer they see

Left only are seemed
Promises to never bend
Now praying for time
Would finally end

The price to pay
Was always understood
And still not sure what
He would change if he could

Still at times he will pray
That he were not alive
The promised last breath
Would finally arrive

But still he will not
Break his love vow
Promise to never give up
To reality as seen now

So alone he sets
Forgotten with time
No real hope
Convicted of crime



G - Sept 2009

No comments: