Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Sep 28, 2009

Rope

Eventually the end of the rope is reached
After enough action that cannot be taken back
Once ever trust has finally been breached
And the will can no longer stand the attack

When is it not longer a crime
To give in, to finally surrender
From a life void of reason or rhyme
When wounds become too tender

I give up
I’ve paid my bill
My cup
Has had its fill

Time has passed for me to move on
There is no destination left to seek
Hope in this world is finish, is gone
No more can I be societies freak

Truly I have located the end of that rope
Without strength or will to climb up again
With it the finish of destinies faded hope
I surrender, no more, I give up, you win.


G - Sept 2009

No comments: