Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Mar 6, 2009

Star Of Hope

Point of light in the dark recesses of the mind
Star of hope for one who for so long has been blind
Lead the hopeless out from the endless despair
Back from the brink towards the land of those who care

Eyes asparkle as jewel light in the bleak night
Glimmering specks to lead the beggar weak of sight
Lost soul submerged and descending the steps to hell
Heart lost into nonbeing in a bottomless well

Destiny cast aside without reproach of vows
Promises forever lost with no trace of marouse
Fate left in the wake of a trailing stream of waste
After briefly heavens bliss was allow a taste

Sunlight obscured indefinitely from view
All assurances of future die in the blue
The moon turning its face with embarrassed, disgraced
The chasm of trust in destiny once more misplaced

Weary of the trail of wandering without end
Seeing only insignificant life to extend
Blackness with only that tiny flickering star
The soul crushed again in fires of hell that char



G- November 2008

No comments: