Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Aug 10, 2009

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is just another day
It gets better is what they say
Those who do not understand
Saying these things out of hand

Shake it off and move on
Are you any better yet
Can’t your doctors help
And tomorrow’s just another day

Yes tomorrow is just another day
One more penance we need to pay
Wonder why only some get the bill
Never seems to be paid in full

Each one seems to drag more
An endless stream of load
To carry on broken back
While tomorrow’s just another day.



G - Aug 2009

No comments: