Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Aug 10, 2009

Dark

Smoke filters down on the evening calm
Fire burns hills just as life the heart
Which is that really clouds all sight
The haze stinging eyes or that of mind

A fog rolls into the bay
Chilling bone as always
Cutting with drugged fog
Chilling mind and soul

Dark obscures sight
Take life from view
Dark deep of heart
Driving out the sun

Black hides
Brings fears
Drowns hope
Kills heart

Deep
Hole
Seems
No
Escape



G - Aug 2009

No comments: