Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Aug 11, 2009

Lash

Thoughts of the selfish
Dreams of the damned
Rip to the fabric façade
A mind come unbrained

What happened to the person
Who tried to always help
The weight become too much
Or finally just get fed up

Without malice to any other
Without meaning any harm
Just wanting to punish those
And hating those thoughts

Dreams are now but ghosts
Haunting through the night
Just shadows of what was
Imaginations of wishful eyes

So let it burn to ashes
Before someone else wins
The prize that was denied
Life that was surely earned

Condemned to never be
The life that was sought
So allow it to no others
Unworthy even to breathe

They have perfect minds
Their life so simple and pure
What gives them the right
To treat others so wrong

Bind we with shackles
Hold any gain at bay
So lash out and take all
They cannot appreciate

They do not deserve it
All the peace and comfort
When they are at fault
For all joy being denied

Condemned the innocent
Locked into my cell
Lashing out seem the only
Escape from this hell.


G - Aug 2009

1 comment:

Mogen David said...

Condemned the innocent
Locked into my cell
Lashing out seem the only
Escape from this hell.

Hmm, meeting force with force. You can turn and see what they see.