Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Aug 26, 2009

Anger Management

It is not the fault of the world
There is no requirement
That things go right
There are not guarantees in life
That things will be fair
That you can win the fight

I simply must manage
To control the thoughts
Keep control of my will
The outcome is not
Within ability to control
And the anger will only kill

Promises are but words shared
They carry no meaning
Their burden no weight
Hollow thoughts meant to sooth
Even when shared
With a soul mate

Expecting them to be true
To have meaning at all
Is delusional lie
Such fantasy will only
Feed that angry wall
That will not die

To survive requires the management
The ability to accept the loss
Survive and move on
Know that others do not see truth
That is clear in your eyes
Of truth, there is none

The anger consumes
Even when that is all you have left
To remember the hopes
That once filled your head
The plans of the day
The dreams of the night
Turned into dust in the wind
Left behind as one dead.


G - August 2009

No comments: