Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Apr 20, 2009

Crystals

Crystals form like jeweled life
Grow from the constricting frame
Patterns that blur the view
While binging sight clear

The royal black of a darkless night
Winter’s light bent through the blankets
Snow and clouds that freeze the air
Surreal held at bay by the fragile pane

Lifeless world built on the still
A sea of gentle harshness
Cutting the flesh
Soothing the mind

World on nothingness and silence
Filled with images of a time lost
Of what could and should and was
But held no more reality than shadow

Demon spirits of hope and dream
Dance on the sea of imagined bliss
Passing off fantasy of a destined truth
Spiked by the delusions of spite.



G - April 2009

No comments: