Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Dec 17, 2009

Family by choice

To my mental sisters
I’ve known only in imaginary homes
In a family related by choice
Visited only when spirit roams

Brothers not of blood
But by binds of thought
You have helped me to survive
Even when that was not sought

Mothers, Fathers, siblings
Rolls you chose to fill
Most important though, Friends
Providing strength to failed will

To you I spread my feeble wings
Towards those if virtually see
And those that from sight have passed
But in my heart will always be

I thank you now
With mere feeble word
For the times my very thoughts
You listened and heard

Thank you. G

No comments: