Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Oct 29, 2009

Nightblind

Dark is the world of the blind
Those who will not
Those that cannot
Open their eyes and see
Deep is the night

Bright are the stars in the void
Eyes watching hurt
Beacons calling calm
Draw from the abyss of despair
From the deep night

But what when those gems fade
When their light falters
No longer lead the way
Even memories of dreams die
Leaving only the night?



G - Oct 2009

No comments: