Quote of the moment

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-Wendell Berry: The Peace or the Wild Things

Feb 23, 2009

Woke Up this AM*


based on BB King

I woke up this morning, my hope was all gone
Woke up this morning, my dreams were all gone
I've feel so bad, I'm all alone

I ain't got nobody, stayn' home with me
I ain't got nobody, stayn' home with me
My faith is gone, I'm in misery

Look in the mirror, I'm all alone
See only dispair, I'm all alone
I ain't had faith in some time
Destined only to be alone

Hope all dead, I'm all alone
In my little world, I'm all alone
This reality of mine, I'm in misery

Oh help me, I can't take this isolation
Am I really that sick, that no one can understand
My hope has all died, I'm in misery

I have been abandoned, I'm all alone
See no hope for change, I'm all alone
Always will be the same, all hope is gone


G- February 2009

No comments: